Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have asked the European Union (EU) to urgently come up with a comprehensive and collective plan to save lives at sea.
- Thursday, 09 October 2014 12:59
- Wednesday, 08 October 2014 08:58
Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nigeria is one of the African achievers who will be recognised at The Voice Achievers Award on 17th October 2014 in Almere, The Netherlands.
- Tuesday, 07 October 2014 12:10
Human rights organisations have strongly condemned the EU’s plan to launch a massive EU-wide police operation called “MOS MAIORUM” to hunt irregular immigrants from 13th to 26th October 2014.
- Monday, 06 October 2014 08:58
Doctors Without Borders (MSF) has appealed to the European Union (EU) to continue active search and rescue operations to save lives in the Mediterranean.
- Friday, 03 October 2014 10:44
Today is the first anniversary of the Lampedusa tragedy in which 368 migrants and asylum seekers lost their lives.
- EU embassies should process asylum applications, says EU Migration Commissioner-designate
- 40,000 people have died on migrant routes, IOM study reveals
- Provide more resources for migrant rescues and reform asylum system, Amnesty tells EU
- EU’s closed border policy “entrenches smuggling mafias”, says UN rights expert